Thursday 12 April 2012

David Hebblethwaite and Tom Vowler


Today, a double visit. First to David Hebblethwaite, who blogs about books, and whose in-depth reviews can be widely found. I first saw David last year at Bristol Storyville, where he was participating in a panel discussion, and we bumped into each other again at the National Short Story Award event in London. He kindly agreed to host a stop on the paperback tour, and sent me some questions about place... so I nattered about turning memories of Merthyr into the town of the novel. 















And then I am off to Tom Vowler’s. Tom is a fantastic writer. His collection The Method and Other Stories won both The Scott Prize at Salt, and the reader’s prize at Edgehill. It wasn’t long before he was snapped up by an agent, naturally, and his first novel from a two book deal comes out from Headline next year. 
Tom asked me to write about how I create characters... 


No comments:

Post a Comment